February 9, 2012

Review: Always You

Always You
Always You by Shilpa Mudiganti

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



*** I received an eARC copy of the book from Inkspell Publishing. ***

Let me just start out by saying that I wrote up a long review and then accidentally clicked outside of the review window thus causing everything to disappear without being saved. So I think this time around I will skip explaining what the story is about as you can read about it in the blurb, I guess. Plus, this way I'm not spoiling any of the story for you.

I enjoyed reading Always You. I could relate to the characters and the story. I was emotionally invested in the characters and their situations. Plus I absolutely loved the ending.

There were, however, quite a few grammatical, punctuation, and/or spelling errors however I have to take into consideration that this was an advanced copy of the book. Hopefully when it is officially released, those issues will be fixed!

Apart from the writing issues, there were a couple scenes that just felt impossible to me. One example - Lyla sees Alex's expression when a beautiful woman sits down next to him while on an airplane. Problem is, Lyla is sitting directly behind him! Now, I just don't see how she would be able to see his face while sitting behind him, unless he leaned over the arm rest, but that's not stated.

I feel the need to say that there was one line in the book that I absolutely did NOT like. And that line is: "Not once did he try to force himself upon her, though he had a right." OKAY! Now, I don't believe the author meant it like that but no guy has the right to force himself on a woman, even if he is engaged to her. Nick, Lyla's fiance, is a caring, considerate, patient man ... what with the fact that they have been engaged for a year (dating for who knows how long before that) and they had never had sex. So I don't believe he would be the type to force himself on her anyway. But just the fact that that line is written the way it is sounds really wrong to me.

Now with all that said, I would certainly be willing to read more from Shilpa Mudiganti. Always You is definitely worth a read. This is, in fact, my second time of reading it!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment