April 9, 2012

A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That

Well, I would like to say that I hope everyone who celebrated Easter or Passover had a great time. My family just gathered for brunch. There were 11 of us total.

Being that this blog is still basically new, and I'm not used to blogging, I know that I don't post much besides reviews. At least I haven't lately. I've never been particularly comfortable talking about myself, but I'm going to try to post more than just reviews and see how things go. :)

Yesterday I went to an open casting call for extras for the movie Promised Land starring Matt Damon and John Krasinki. I must admit, I'm rather excited that Hal Holbrook is going to be in it, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will be called in to be an extra. Filming for the movie is to start on or around April 23rd if I'm remembering correctly.

This is the card that was being passed out to everyone after getting their picture taken.

I've actually been an extra in three movies previously, only one of which has been released as of yet, and that is Abduction starring Taylor Lautner. The others are Won't Back Down (although at the time of filming, the movie was called Steel Town) with Maggie Gyllenhaal, Viola Davis, Ving Rhames, & Holly Hunter, and the last one I did was The Dark Knight Rises with Christian Bale, Tom Hardy and a slew of other names. Unfortunately on the day I was there for The Dark Knight Rises filming, only Tom Hardy was present but it was still great. We were filming at a football stadium and the scene was set in the fall, so the weather was to be cold, but it was filmed in August and was hot as hell out, and we had to wear coats. ACK! Below is the second trailer for the movie which shows part of the stadium scene in it. It's awesome! Check it out. :)

 


2 comments:

  1. How cool, doing things like casting calls...except for the coats in August thing!

    Laura
    A to Z of Immortals, Myths & Legends

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working on a movie is definitely interesting. I enjoy it but you do have to have patience. My first day on the set of Abduction, I was there for 15 hours. Ended up with a sun burn too. But I had no idea I'd be outside that day.

    Gotta say, my worst experience was on the set of The Dark Knight Rises primarily because of the heat and having to wear a coat. Though we could take them off between takes. But close to the end of the day I ended up with a migraine, and I felt hideous. Had to take a break in a cooling tent that they had set up inside of the stadium. Apart from that, I enjoyed it. My then 15 year old nephew went with me for that day of filming as they were allowing anyone 14 or older to be in that days filming. My 12 year old nephew was a little disappointed he couldn't participate though.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete