February 27, 2018

Review: Happy Ever Never by Brittany Holland

Title: Happy Ever Never
Author: Brittany Holland
Genre: Romance


Goodreads

A modern twist on a classic tale. A love story tangled with secrets, seconds chances and destiny.

Destined to be together, doomed to be torn apart.

When Willow and Piers first met, she was searching for adventure and he was longing for a place to belong. They both found more than they bargained for. Hopes and dreams for their future destroyed by a secret that had to be protected at all costs. Willow was forced to say goodbye to London, leaving behind a heartbroken Piers.

Willow tries to move on but she can't seem to let go of the past. When clues surface leading Piers to her, he realizes he's lost more than he ever imagined. Angry, he leaves her no choice but to return to London with him.

Undeniably drawn together, history starts repeating itself until lies and insecurities threaten to tear their love apart.

Will it be happily ever after for Willow and Piers, or does their story end with happy ever never?

My Review

Happy Ever Never kept me thoroughly immersed in the story of Willow and Piers. Anger, jealousy and betrayal basically tore them apart but their love for each other never faded. And although Piers was initially angry with Willow when he finally found her after a little more than five years, they do their best to repair their relationship.

There is a part of this story that I'd love to talk about but I worry that it might be considered a bit of a spoiler, since I didn't see it coming when I started reading. So I'll just say that I loved this little secret. :)

While I did enjoy the story there were instances that confused me a bit. At one point where Piers and Willow are arguing it didn't feel right. It was like the argument, the anger behind it came right out of nowhere. Especially considering they'd been getting along well at this point.

Willow is needed back in England to be present at the reading of her Aunt Wendy's will. During this time you learn that her Uncle James is unwell. I don't recall if his illness was exactly explained but I felt that his part in this story wasn't finished. There was also another thing that I felt was left hanging, though this book does NOT end in a cliffhanger.

After I finished the book I decided to contact the author to ask some questions and was informed that while the books in this series are standalones, they are interconnected. So even though I felt that there were things that weren't fully explained, those things are likely to be resolved in a future book.

Anyway, I found Happy Ever Never to be a very enjoyable read, and I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series. It is definitely worth a read!



-- I won an ARC of Happy Ever Never from the author via a Facebook giveaway and voluntarily reviewed it.--

Find Brittany Holland Online
Goodreads | Amazon | Facebook | Twitter

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had some of your questions answered. Hope you enjoy the other books. Great review.

    ReplyDelete